The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
Chipped wood. Some barrel pitting and supposedly bulging cases on the #4 22rf.

I may have rebarreling projects or just wall hangers.
Or re boring projects on the big ones and lining the .22 and cutting a new chamber.

·
Administrator
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm trying to determine what action the middle rifle is. It is larger than the #4 and smaller than the bottom #1. Maybe a #1 1/2? It doesn't have the shape of a #2.

Remington did make some carbines in 44-40 according to my copy of the "Remington Rolling Block Military Rifles of the World". But I have not found any full stock rifles in 44-40.

I found 38-40 #1 1/2 Sporting Rifle in my copy of "Remington Sporting and Target Rifles".

·
Super Moderator
9,282 Posts
I'm trying to determine what action the middle rifle is. It is larger than the #4 and smaller than the bottom #1. Maybe a #1 1/2? It doesn't have the shape of a #2.

Remington did make some carbines in 44-40 according to my copy of the "Remington Rolling Block Military Rifles of the World". But I have not found any full stock rifles in 44-40.

I found 38-40 #1 1/2 Sporting Rifle in my copy of "Remington Sporting and Target Rifles".
1 1/2 Sporting would be my best guess.

·
Administrator
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am green with envy in regards to that number 2 roller. Why?, because I have one Parker Hale TARGET 22 liner that I have been saving for a good home.
Gary, Are you thinking that is #2 RB or are you referring to the second one in the photo. Too bad you are in Canada.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Gary, Are you thinking that is #2 RB or are you referring to the second one in the photo. Too bad you are in Canada.
i used to think Canada was our good friend to the north. try to take a rifle [never hand gun] to Canada for hunting. you are well served to to answer with "yes or no" and not add anything when questioned about anything. there are STRICT
limits on what you can take into Canada, and some things you can not take over the border. they are OK with all the money you want to leave there, and they are very good at figuring out the exchange rate. very good!
as to this post. it is my understanding that anything gun related requires a lot of paper work. enough to make you really want or need what ever it is. this is too bad, but gun laws there are very different and are enforced.

rick

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
i used to think Canada was our good friend to the north. try to take a rifle [never hand gun] to Canada for hunting. you are well served to to answer with "yes or no" and not add anything when questioned about anything. there are STRICT
limits on what you can take into Canada, and some things you can not take over the border. they are OK with all the money you want to leave there, and they are very good at figuring out the exchange rate. very good!
as to this post. it is my understanding that anything gun related requires a lot of paper work. enough to make you really want or need what ever it is. this is too bad, but gun laws there are very different and are enforced.

rick
You can thank Obama for ruining just about all relations between the US and Canada.
Homeland security will actually take down Canadian license plates at places like Cabelas and forward the information to the border where you will be stopped.
I thought it was just a bs story until I was stopped by homeland security just before crossing back into Canada. and they asked me what I bought at Cabelas. I told them I didn't buy anything, but they do have nice washrooms. I sat there for two hours.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts