The Firearms Forum banner

H and R Premier 22

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mada 
#1 ·
I recently picked up an old top break H&R .22 and I was hoping someone could give me some information on when it was made, what it could be worth, and if it would be safe to shoot CB short 22 ammo or just normal 22 shorts on a limited basis.

It is nickel plated with mother of pearl grips, there is slight holster wear on one side of the barrel. It is a 7 shot top break revolver. Top of the barrel shows patent dates 10-4-87, 4-2-95, 4-7-96
The serial number on the bottom of the handle as while as on the top of the frame (above the cylinder) is A309XX

Thanks in advance

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It is a Premier 1st Model, 4th or 5th Variation(not sure which). It was made between 1899 and 1904.

It is a blackpowder only gun, but it should be safe with .22Flobert, .22CB, .22BB, .22Short, and .22LR SHOT(CCI and others). It may, and I emphasize may, be safe with standard .22LR - but NO .22LR that is listed as "Hi-Velocity"(or similarly monikered), and especially NOT safe with anything known to be "hyper-velocity"(Stingers, Mini-Mags, etc).

Grading, if the bores and chambers aren't hosed - I'd put it in the 80% to 90% range, maybe slightly higher, and you get a 20% premium for it being a .22RF. But it looks like you're missing the front sight, or it was filed down. So, subtract a few bucks for that or get a replacement. They grips don't appear to be factory either, so that could affect value - but some folks pay more for pearly aftermarket grips. A replacement set is about $25+shipping.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$285 $255 $220 $175 $150 $125 $115
Add 10% for blue finish, 20% for 4, 5, or 6 in. barrel, or 20% for .22 rimfire cal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.