Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

H&D Folsom Arms King Nitro

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by JLA, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I am looking to get an approximate value on an old shotgun. All I can find stamped on it is King Nitro, H&D folsom arms co., Its a SXS double with hammers. It doesnt look like the barrels are damascus but they may be. Im not looking to shoot it, Im looking to sell it and need a link to where I can find the value of it, or if one of you guys knows how much its worth please enlighten me...;)

Thanks,

JLA

BTW, its either a 12ga or a 16ga, i aint tried to put a shell in it yet...:confused:

2. Anchor Clanker

Anchor Clanker Member

Actually Crescent Fire Arms Co and H. D. Folsome had nothing to do with a King Nitro shotgun. The guns were made by either the W. H. Davenport Arms Company or Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works. They were made for and sold by the Shapleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis,MO. This is according to my research and reference books.
    Condition of an old "Trade Brand Name" shotgun determines its value. Values for a double barrel can run from a high of about $250 for one that appears to have come out of the factory yesterday afternoon to a low of $10 for a rusty rotten incomplete piece of junk that would require major repairs before a junk yard would accept it.

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

thats what i figured, I just couldnt find anything rock solid on it, I might just keep it and saw it off or something:D