H&K USP .45 ACP

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Tony22-250, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Recently shot an H&K USP .45 ACP and it was amazing :D it was very accurate at 30 yards and the recoil did not feel like i was shooting a .45 after 3 magazines i forgot that i was shooting a .45 it felt like a Baretta 9mm, and we weren't shooting light bullets either we were shooting 230 gr Winchester FMJ. So if you ever get the chance dont pass up the opportunity to shoot one of these amazing firearms or go purchase one your self for around $2k. I would have one if it wasn't so expensive HA HA HA.

[​IMG]

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

if your local dealer is selling these things for 2000.00 find another dealer quick thats double and then some over msrp.

3. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Two grand....thats crazy talk...... Great gun but not worth that much.

4. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Oh oops the price i was looking at was with a suppressor.... they actual go for around $750-$1000 depending on options such as a threaded barrel.

5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

With their patented recoil system, it does take some of the sharpness out of a .45. I REALLY like the mag release being "in" the trigger guard. For me, it makes for a much faster reload, since I do not have to reposition my hand each time. I shot the Expert model in competition for a number of years, then decided I needed a regular sized one for carry. Love em. ;) :D

6. TDR911

TDR911 New Member

I shoot and have H&K's in 45 & 40 both suppressed and non suppressed.
    Definatly a great gun. It's the old saying that you get what you pay for. Ther are many great quality guns out there at a much better price.
    It's all in the eye of the beholder.

7. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

I have a 45c but have not shot it yet...

mike
    gn

8. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

My H&K .45 is one of my favorite guns.

[​IMG]

9. Jimdo

Jimdo New Member

One of my carry guns for the past 5-6 years has been a H&K .40 Compact LEM , man I love that gun.
    It is currently residing in my gun store, behind the shelf, fully loaded.

10. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Harder than a bugger to find mags for at any price....

mike
    gn

11. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

I was wondering if my USP .40 would be too large to carry. How do you manage it?

12. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

It kind of depends on your life-style.

Since I am "semi" retired, I can wear what I want. I do not have to show up at any place that requires a suit and tie. I wear a t-shirt that is one size too big, and a "very" light short sleeve shirt (unbuttoned and untucked) in the summer. Casual attire works for me, to carry a full size firearm.

Many people are overly worried about printing. Especially when they first start carrying. As long as what you are carrying does not show, a "bulge" is not going to matter. Most people carry cell phones, or some such, and do not think twice about a "bulge" of some kind.

I have heard that in some states "printing" will get you in trouble. I don't know how far they take that rule, but I have not heard about anyone getting arrested for it.

13. dark_falcon27

dark_falcon27 New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I have a strong love for my USP since it is the first weapon I purchased as a 21 yr old. And out at the range it feels muuuuch better in my hand than the Beretta M9's I was trained on with the Air Force. That was the deciding factor between the Xd 5'' and the USP. It just felt more natural to handle.