H&K USP Compact 45 Auto

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by wng-2, Aug 9, 2020.

1. wng-2

wng-2 Active Member

I just picked up the subject firearm, used. It's a very nice shooter. I enjoy shooting it. However, I do not care for the magazine release. Also, occasionally, when inserting a loaded magazine firmly with the palm of my hand whilst the slide is back, it will go into battery. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this? Also, Magazines are pricey, and not very available. Will a 20 round magazine for the full size function in this gun? I found some that are available at a "reasonable" price.. I realize it will stick out, just want to be sure it will function before I purchase. A couple of those would be great for my range. Thanks very much.

2. Bob Z

Bob Z Active Member

My wife and I each have a USP. We both like the paddle mag release, but we have 6 HK's total all with the same style so we are use to it. USP's are great handguns and incredibly reliable. Built like tanks. It is common for the slide to return to battery by inserting a magazine with gusto. That is not only for HK's as I've had a Glock G19 do the same. I do believe that the full size magazines will work although I've never tried it as we only have full size USP's.

3. wng-2

wng-2 Active Member

Thanks very much. I found some 12 round magazines and ordered them.