The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited this gun from my Uncle who told me it originally belonged to his & my Dad's Grandfather. Do not see any gauge markings on it, but was told it is a 12 gauge Goose Gun. It's had a rough life, the last time it was used after shooting a rabbit, that was only wounded, my Uncle hit it over the head with the stock of the gun, breaking it. It has only been nailed back together. The butt plate is broken half off as well. Markings on the gun that can be read are as follows: on left side of gun above trigger is patent-May 14, 1801 with a faded date above it. Also Harrington & Richardson Arms Co., Worchester, Mass. U.S.A. Pat. Feb. 23 & 27, 1900. The serial # 187671 appears on the bottom of the barrel as well as right behind the trigger guard. A small portion of the trigger appears to have been broken off, and after the gun is fired, the trigger has to be pushed forward before you can cock it again to fire it. Sentimental value, would be placed on gun, and passed down through my family so I'm more concerned with year made than value, but a ball park value would be nice for insurance purposes. Thank you to anyone for information. Shotgun 12 gauge H&R 004.JPG

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts