The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help on this one I purchased this h&r top break revolver but I think it needs some rework. I do not plan on shooting it but I want to make sure it functions correctly. Plus its in nickel finish too.

When I pull the trigger double or single action the cylinder turns, locks up ready to fire. After it fires the cylinder stays were it is but it can turn, for its no longer locked in place. I can see the lock piece drop down in the frame but there is nothing holding the cylinder in place. I can't find any info or break down on this old revolver. Is something broke or missing or is it the way it's made? I just can see it being this unsafe.

It seems to be a shootable piece if I shoot 22shorts only but I believe it was an older blackpowder 22cal pistol since the patent date is 1895. But the seller did say it was made between 1909 to 1913. It's a fine example of this time revolver wise. I just wanted to see how the older revolvers evolved from the turn of the century till now. I'm attracted to the nickel plated revolvers anyway.

I do all my own work but I would like to know if there is a problem first with it. Thanks, bb

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, I just received an order for some inner parts for the small frame h&r permier revolver. One part is called the hook which I believe holds the cylinder in place while it's idle. I also received a new trigger, a new hammer and trigger guard plus a new barrel. I figured why not rebuild it with all new original parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.