The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently aquired an old H&R 1906 pistol that I am going to attempt to restore. From the research that I have done, most of it here, I think that what I have is a bit more rare than a typical 1906. My gun has a 4.5" barrel, white platic grips, and as far as I can tell the gun was blued instead of nickel.

Now onto the fun stuff, the gun appears to work just fine in DA but it is missing the cylinder and pin to hold it in place. I have looked all over the internet and have been unable to find any. It seems as though the old H&R's have quite a cult following on this site and I was hoping that someone here may have one or at least know of someone that may have one. I will post pictures if it will help.

Thanks,

Michael Snook

·
Registered
120 Posts
The revolver pictured appears to have the distinctive "Owls Head" grips used by Iver Johnson although they do not seem to fit the frame all that well. What markings are found on the top of the frame or barrel?

Sprint

·
Registered
669 Posts
mjsnook,
Like we talked about in our emails, I had to make a cylinder pin for the 1906 I was restoring. I could have made one for you at the same time if you had wanted.
Your 1906 has had the barrel cut-off, hence the front sight is missing. You could re-crown it, and install a front sight very easily, but it wouldn't be an original configuration. As Sprint stated, and I told you in the email that the grips were not original, and were an Iver Johnson product.
I am enclosing pics of what your revolver should look like. This is the one I had to make a cylinder pin for.
Good luck Mike!
Old Gun Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts