The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of the threads here and found some very useful info, but I'm still having trouble figuring out a few things about a couple revolvers. I'm wondering if anyone here can help.

First, an H&R .32 five shot revolver that belonged to my great-grandfather. I'm having trouble figuring out which model it is, and date for when it was made. The serial number is 375213.

The other revolver is an Iver Johnson hammerless. I believe it's a 2nd model since it has the trigger safety. I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what year it was made. The serial number under the grip looks like a small lightly stamped J followed by 320160.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
]

The other revolver is an Iver Johnson hammerless. I believe it's a 2nd model since it has the trigger safety. I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out what year it was made. The serial number under the grip looks like a small lightly stamped J followed by 320160.
Welcome to TFF Thom, but did you copy an extra digit?

The J prefix was used on large frame hammerless 2nd model .38s made 1903-1905 and the patent dates are correct for that period, but serial numbers only went to 100,000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts