The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an H&R Arms 922 9 shot revolver with a 6” Octagon barrel with gold filled stampings (SN 130704). It was recently graded by a gunsmith at 88%. To my knowledge, it has not been fired since the early 1950’s. Can you tell me when it was manufactured and a ball park value?

If more pictures are needed let me know what you want to see and I’ll get them posted.

Thanks for the help,

Guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes Sir!
I have SN 125609 which I've been told was manufactured not later than 1930. It looks just like yours except for the gold in the lettering.
Some later versions (1931-1936) of this same model have a coil spring and some don't have the walnut 'saw handle' grip.

A piece has broken off the hammer on mine so if you ever take your hammer out I would much appreciate a picture of it. I need to try to repair the thing as Numrich and others don't have replacements anymore.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just tried to remove the hammer to see if I could get a picture of it, but not real sure what all needs to be removed to get the hammer out. I'd like to see a breakout drawing of the gun so I know what needs to be done. Or, if anyone knows let me know.

Guy

·
Registered
669 Posts
GardenGuy42,
When removing the hammer you have to first remove the mainspring. Then remove the hammer screw and pull the trigger to get the lifter out of the lifting notch, and then pull hammer straight up and out. You can also use a very small screwdriver from the top to hold the lifter out of the lifting notch. This way you don't have to remove the trigger guard with sear, trigger spring, and trigger assembly.
Old Gun Guy

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes Sir!
I have SN 125609 which I've been told was manufactured not later than 1930. It looks just like yours except for the gold in the lettering.
Some later versions (1931-1936) of this same model have a coil spring and some don't have the walnut 'saw handle' grip.

A piece has broken off the hammer on mine so if you ever take your hammer out I would much appreciate a picture of it. I need to try to repair the thing as Numrich and others don't have replacements anymore.
Thanks
I have hammers for these revolvers. Please send a picture of your broken one next to a ruler for sizing, and I'll check my inventory. Email FORUM VIOLATION
Thanks!
Old Gun Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts