The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post, Ive been lurking for a while but just got registered. To my question, there's an H&R 949 9 shot revolver in good condition that I can pick up for $100 but the cylinder has some side to side and front to back movement. Its not enough that I think it would shave any lead, but I dont know anything about H&Rs other than what Ive heard. The cylinder stop that is below the cylinder in the frame is worn, so I have a feeling that is probably the main culprit, but I dont know for sure, if anyone has any other possibilities Id love to hear them. I found the part on numrich for cheap and availability isnt a problem. From what Ive been reading these revolvers are fairly complex to take apart. Im fairly experienced disassembling guns but have never done a revolver. My main question is, is this a good price for this gun? And, should I attempt to replace the part myself or just have a smith do it? Also, how much should a gunsmith charge for this?

Any help and knowledge about these guns would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody have any info? I know these guns arent made anymore but I figured someone would know something.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Zander. Give your question time to be answered, as there are people still coming home from work. I'm sure someone will either have an answer for you, or be able to direct you to where you can get your answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have the exact one and replaced those parts and I`m not a gunsmith. You will need the thin punch for the pins.
Ok, that helps, is there any advice you have for reassembling it correctly? Ive heard some people say that its fairly complex and they didnt get all the springs and such back in the right place. Also the seller just raised his price on the piece to $150, is that still a good price for this gun? Thanks a lot for your response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts