H&R DEFEDER 925

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by paddywonka, May 10, 2009.

1. paddywonka

paddywonka Member

Went to a local gunshop to pickup some brass and a set of dies,and spotted this 925 in the case while paying.The dealer was asking$129,and being I already load 38S&W for my Enfield and Webley revolvers,the caliber was no problem.So it followed me home.Fits all my S&W "J" frame holsters and uses the same HKS 36 speedloader. Appears almost unused. Some photos for viewing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jamesjo

jamesjo New Member

paddywonka,
    Sure, rub it in! I almost bought a 925 about 6 months ago, it similair, excellent condition. my dealer who always gives me first shot at all things H&R, had it sitting aside for me. When I stopped in for the normal BS session, he pulled it out. So dang ugly it was cute! Thought and thought about it, but since I was there to pick up another model 686, I decided I'd better not take it home. He asked me if i wanted him to save it, and like a dummy I said no. He sold it at a gun show that weekend. By Monday, I decided that I had to have it, and went back, all to get the bad news. Still kick myself in the butt for not picking that one up.
    In case you are not up too much on H&R's, watch the rear sight screws, they tend to come loose and the blade will fall out, very common problem, and the blades are very hard to come by. a drop of blue loc tite on the threads is a suggestion. Also if you are interested, the AH prefix indicates 1971 manufacture.
    Nice find, enjoy it!
    Jim

3. paddywonka

paddywonka Member

Jim,thanks for the info.Will put some Loktite on that backsight tonight.Honestly,I paid nearly same ammount for the reloading supplies, as I paid for the revolver.The same dealer had a nice Danish Rolling Block rifle back a couple of years ago.He was asking $295.Went home thought it over,and figured why not.When I got to the shop,asked him where the rifle was.He replied,it was gone.Without thinking I asked when it would be back?He still gives me a hard time about it.Moral of the story,buy it or put $10 on it to hold,while you make up your mind.Figured how many clean $129 firearms do you find.Figured I could get my money back ,if I decided to sell it latter on.First I,ve got to shoot this puppy and see how it does.

4. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Well Paddy I think you got robbed.................................but being the nice guy I am I will let you have your money back.ROFLMAO Nice looking piece at a great price! Hope it shoots good for you.

5. paddywonka

paddywonka Member

Jamesjo,you are right,they are so ugly that they are kinda cute.That is the same reason I like Webley and Enfield revolvers,flat fender Willys Jeeps and BMW motorcycles.