The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a H&R 3rd model Pocket Hammerless Bicycle and it need a new firing pin spring. Is there a guide out there to disassemble this pistol? how am i supposed to punch out the pins to access the hammer area?

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Try this link and see if it helps. Looks like a fairly decent instruction guide.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9Y...page&q=disassemble H&R .32 hammerless&f=false

You have to drift the pins out with a small punch and a small hammer. I have a small machinist ball peen hammer that I use for drifting pins out and tapping them back into place. You can also do this using small allen wrenches as the punch. Just make sure that whatever you use that you are NOT using something the same size or larger than the hole where the pin goes.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
First, look at the frame where the firing pin come out and see if there is a center hole for the firing pin with two other holes, one on each side. Sort of like ( o O o ).

If there is, you don't need to punch out any pins. That is a nut that unscrews so you can remove and replace the firing pin and/or spring. You may have to make a special tool or use something like a pair of pliers with the ends filed round to fit the two smaller holes so you can unscrew the nut.

If the frame looks solid, there should be a small pin on the side where the firing pin is. Then the sitation is trickier.

If the nut is not as I described in the first part, come back and I will try to help you further.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts