The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old 5 shot breaktop that has no tension on the barrel lock. The barrel latch has a piece of spring steel with a hole for fastening on one end, This appears to be broken and too short. Can anyone point me to where I can optain this part???
Thank You.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would try Numrich, I guess. I'm not sure of their exact name, but Googling Numrich gun parts ought to get them.

If you local libraries have internet-accessible catalogs, you might check to see if they have "Troubleshooting Your Handgun" by J. B. Woods. I think he describes making a spring out of round wire to replace the one you need.

BTW, if you are fixing this gun up in order to sell it, I wouldn't spend any money, or at least not more than $5-$10. Odds are that the increase in value won't be worth it. That is very much IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. As luck would have it I found the spring at Numrich and ordered 2 for $8. The old breaktop was my wife's fathers so I'm just keeping it for sentimental reasons. I bought her a new Ruger LCP to update the home arsenal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts