The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a small pistol that I believe to be a H&R. It's a double- action 7 shot .22 cal. on what looks like an H&R frame. It has the H&R trigger release/hammer spring behind the trigger and a 3/4 inch hexigon barrel. The only marking is on the top rail in capital letters..."HUNTER" over the word "MODEL". It bears a serial number on the inside of the grip. If this rings any bells or jars any memories I'd appreciate any info out there.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I recently acquired a small pistol that I believe to be a H&R. It's a double- action 7 shot .22 cal. on what looks like an H&R frame. It has the H&R trigger release/hammer spring behind the trigger and a 3/4 inch hexigon barrel. The only marking is on the top rail in capital letters..."HUNTER" over the word "MODEL". It bears a serial number on the inside of the grip. If this rings any bells or jars any memories I'd appreciate any info out there.
it is a Model 933 made from 1930–1939.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pulled out the bible (at least the one I rely on) a copy of the 1939 Shooters Bible. If it's a solid frame 7 shot according to the bible it ought to be the Trapper. Course it ought to have a 6 inch barrel. The trapper is supposed to be 9 shot, with a 10 inch barrel. But what do Iknow

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Hunter is a 9 shot model.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have both Trapper & Hunter of 1920s in VGE condition, both are 7 shooters, both have octagon barrels (8 sided), both have saw handle grips ---- but----The Trapper has 6 inch barrel, the Hunter has 10 inch barrel. No difference except barrel length.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry... I improperly stated the barrel was 'hexigon'... it is in fact octagon. It is apparently the 'Hunter Model' 7-shot with octagon barrel.... which some clown must have cut down. If that is the case, they did an excellent job on the barrel... but ruined the value and integrity of the guns ancestry. Thank-you all for the info.... you folks know your stuff! I have another pistol that will really challenge your collective knowldge.... I'll post it as soon as I can get some good quality photos to go along with the query. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I needs me a new book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts