The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a H&R Sportsman and when i picked it up the grips crumbled and I am know looking for another set. These were a one piece black hard plastic it may be the wrong description. Any help on where I can find another grip??

·
Premium Member
8,085 Posts
Ebay might be a start. There might be a wood grip that fits too.

There is information about them out there. A friend had one that I was helping him get info on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The material your grips were made from is called Tenite. I too, have purchased these from eBay. You'll see at least 2 colors, black and brown. Be sure and get the original black color to keep your Sportsman all original and correct.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Try Boyd's stocks also. I have never sought a handgun stock from them, but I would be surprised if they would not carry them also. Have a replacement set of furniture for my Win. 1897 from them. Very nice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let' try this again!. I was gonna say...I have a 1944 vintage H&R Defender 38 that had the black Tenite grips. They were deteriorating badly, they had a bad stink about them. I they also were turning into a gooey mass on the grip frame. I replaced them with the ersatz wood-like colored Tenite grips that were apparently of newer vintage that didn't stink! Still looking for a wooden Rice frame type monogrip though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts