Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

H&R "The American", .44, round barrel. . .

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by needs_salt, Feb 14, 2018 at 1:17 PM.

1. needs_salt

needs_salt New Member

Today's "whatzit worth?" is really more out of curiosity than anything else.

I have inherited by great uncle's side arm, a low serial number, round bbl H&R revolver chambered for .44 Webley ( or bulldog?). I realize the expert, Bill Goforth, is sadly no longer with us, but perhaps some other knowledgeable folks will be able to shed some light on this.

From my research, I understand that the round-bbl revolvers were the first generation of H&R handguns. I also understand that H&R recycled serial numbers several times, which makes the serial number of "10" on this one a little uncertain as to its date. The "10" is both on the frame and the underside of the grips.

The pics show the gun as I received it. Have a look and tell me what you think. Thanks![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kweeksdraw likes this.