The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently inharited some guns from my father. i have managed to identify all but 2 of the revolvers.

the easy one is a H&R Top Break, 6 shot, auto eject revolver. it has no cal markings on it at all. The top of the barrel says
"HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON ARMS COMPANY
WORCHESTER, MASS.U.S.A. PAT'D OCT.4.87.DEC.25.88."
the only serial number i can find is 2259 under the pistol grips and the end of the breach lever.

the second one is a 7 shot revolver i think .22. i can find no manufacturer markings on it at all except for the serial number 17453 under the pistol grips and on the cylander.

i would apreciate any information i can get... ok the pics didnt show they are also in my albums

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
The pictures aren't showing so it's difficult to know anything about the ?.22..

The H&R top break will probably be a .32 S&W or a .38 S&W cartridge - probably for black powder cartridges.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
the second one is a 7 shot revolver i think .22. i can find no manufacturer markings on it at all except for the serial number 17453 under the pistol grips and on the cylander.

i would apreciate any information i can get... ok the pics didnt show they are also in my albums
Welcome to TFF.

Your 2nd gun looks like a Smith & Wesson Model No. 1, Second Issue in abused condition with the cylinder installed backwards.

(I'm not certain that's possible, but try reversing it)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and looking at the S&W the top of the second edition is more like how the first edition was made, but it has the second edition access to the inner workings... ty i now know alot more about it then i did

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
and looking at the S&W the top of the second edition is more like how the first edition was made, but it has the second edition access to the inner workings... ty i now know alot more about it then i did
Found it:

It's the Second Model Manhattan or American Standard Tool copy, distinguished by an extra set of cylinder notches to allow stopping of the cylinder between rounds.

And some are unmarked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok i found this:
AUTOMATIC EJECTING MODEL 1 1/2 (BLACK POWDER)
- .32 S&W or .38 S&W cal., different double action mechanism, trigger, trigger guard and hammer, 5 (.38 S&W cal.) or 6 (.32 S&W cal.) shot, new frame, nickel or blue finish, hard rubber grips with target logo, 3 1/4 in. barrel, marked with two patent date 10-04-87 and 12-25-88 (only revolver to use this date), rare. Mfg. 1889-1890.

so i have a 1st model..ans some variation? or is it a 1 1/2 model with some variation?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.