The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
the H&R 'Trapper Model" was manufactured between 1924 and 1941. it was only offered one way, 6 inch octagon barrel and two piece oversize walnut grips. there are no known serial number records for preWWII H&R models. the "Trapper" does appear to be in the same serial number series as its parent model the "Model 1906". these number appear to be a single series starting at 01 and going up. the lowest serial number i have recorded (so far) on a "trapper" is 108999. your serial number in the 117000 range was most likely manufactured before 1930.

value will depend on the exact condition and will vary greatly between $40 poor condition the $250 plus for 99%condition. because of the age of the "trapper model" it would probably be best to limit your firing of it to 22 short rimfire standard velocity ammo.
bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of these myself, inherited it from my father. He used it for target practice and also used it in the city (Pittsburgh, PA) back when I was a kid to chase away dogs that would howl at streetlights. He worked a 2nd shift at USS Steel and the neighborhood dogs would keep him from going to sleep. it is in poor condition, maybe a shade better than that, serial: #144,xxxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am trying to find a schematic parts diagram on the web for a 2 inch 1906 H & R 7 SHOT revolver Serial number 94xxx and or some imformation on it. I was given this pistol, the chamber has been welded up as has the barrel, it seems to be missing a part that selects the next chamber but with out a diagram I can't seem to work out what it may look like, I am not having much luck trying to find a decent picture on the web. Any help appreciated. This is my first post BTW

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
the model 1906 was one of a new series of H&R revolvers introduced first in 1905 with the large frame model 1904, next came a medium frame model 1905 in 1906 and finally the model 1906 in 1907. these were moderized versions of the american/young america series double actions and the H&R catalogs always showed them together. the catalogs never showned a schematic just listed the parts and showed a picture of the parts. what you are looking for probably does not exist.

a revolver that has the barrel and cylinder welded up is most likely missing most if not all of the internal parts.
bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.