Hackers are terrorists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

IShootBack
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 9:15:05 am)
    Reply Hackers are terrorists
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another board I post on had some problems. Seem as though the person that started the board got hacked and had to shut down the site. Now he's having to go through the process to start another, which is no easy task.

As a thought, who would want to hack a BBS that is frequented by hunters and shooters?
    Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 9:36:04 am)
    Reply Re: Hackers are terrorists
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IShootBack, I would venture to say the same ones that stalk hunters into the woods... the ones that throw paint on FUR coats... the ones that BURN SUV's... the ones that think taking away all the guns will reduce violent crimes.

Mind you, that just a wild quess

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 6:09:15 pm)
    ZigZag, the guy that hacked the sites was a member on Huntingnet BBS for about a yeaar or so and a member of another board I frequent for about 4-5 months. He was either actually a hunter or put on a mighty good act. He couldn't take a joke real well, and he knew computers
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

daavros
    (1/19/03 6:25:21 pm)
    Re: Hackers are terrorists
    Was the board part of the EZBoard network, if so and the board was Gold EZBoard should be able to restore from backup....or so their notes say so.

Politics and Current Affairs

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 6:48:43 pm)
    Oppppsssss.... I forgot to mention @$$#OLES

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

outdoorsman260
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 7:12:21 pm)
    It was an EZ board.

Correct me if I'm wrong IShootBack, but they didn't loose the board, the hacker hacked into the admin's accounts and they lost all administration ability
    blake.prohosting.com/~redneck4

daavros
    (1/20/03 4:34:36 am)
    If that is the case, then EZBoard can resolve that. That is why you pay EZboard.

IShootBack
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 5:17:56 am)
    Being a humble board member, I'm not privy to all the details. Seems as though they lost their admin abilities and reconfiguring their existing system would have been more complicated than starting fresh. I can put you in touch with them if you want the particulars. I'd hate to see this board go down due to the same terrorism and lack of protection either on ez board 's part or admin.

Guns cause crime, like spoons made Rosie fat

Loki
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 6:41:29 am)

outdoorsman260

Quote:
    He was either actually a hunter or put on a mighty good act. He couldn't take a joke real well, and he knew computers

If they know who he is, can they put him in the slammer?

-- Loki

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/20/03 10:16:34 am)
    How did they catch him?

Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

daavros
    (1/20/03 11:15:08 am)
    It's very easy to trace someone over the net, if ISP's comply due to a breaking of a law i.e cyber crime. Unless that person is spoofing his/her IP Address

Daav

Loki
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 5:34:57 pm)
    Daav wrote

Quote:
    Unless that person is spoofing his/her IP Address

That used to be pretty easy, and still is, with proper setup if I understand correctly. The crucial thing is whether or not it's worth the resources to track 'em down. Hope they put him away to think about it before he does some major damage.

-- Loki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.