The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The misses and me went out shooting today. We went out about 10 miles into the desert and threw some lead. I had a blast (pun intended) shooting a pair of Ruger Blackhawk 41 mag's.

The first two pics are of my Ruger 3 Screw 41 mag. The serial number is 9XXX. What a sweet gun to shoot and it rocks off the chart. It has never been holstered and before today, it has only had twelve rounds fired through it. The machining is tight and I enjoy the way they machined the cylinders back then so the cartridge head sits flush. Then, it has the real "Colt" sound when you cock it. It's a keeper.

Attachments

· Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so excuse me where is the missus?
Here she is, my best friend in the whole wide world shooting the Springfield XD45. She is really a good shot. She is right handed and left eye dominant BUT is hitting consistently. At 15 yards out of 7 rounds she put 4 rounds within a 4" group of the bullseye and 3 in the bullseye. She makes me smile.

Attachments

· Registered
2,953 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time. I've got a Blackhawk .41 and a Redhawk .41 and a Blackhawk .30 carbine they are my favorite shooters. Love those Rugers.

· Registered
2,953 Posts
Message sent Highboy.

· Registered
3,128 Posts
that redhawk is a good gun especially in .41!

looks like a good day at the range with some wheel guns. I like to spin my Vaquero anytime it comes out, she's a fun gun to whirl... .45 LC, still don't have a .41 yet. Got any cowboy holsters for those wheelies?

those rabbits don't stand a chance either, give 'em hell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.