The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been telling the wife for the last couple weeks that I needed to go get a hair cut...get started working...get all sweaty and stinky and time for a shower...certainly don't want to offend that lady barber and you don't want to shower and have that hair down your neck...Saturday I had an unusual event happen...nope, I'm not going to tell the wife...she'll either laugh at me and claim I'm boasting or get all a fluttered-up and show some jealousy! I was at the market, waiting in the checkout line...yeah, I had 'douched' and slicked my long locks with some Joe Lewis Pomade...I heard this female voice in back of me..."MY, YOUR HAIR IS SO LOVELY"...there was a pause and the lilting feminine voice continued..."MY FATHER HAD HAIR EXACTLY LIKE YOURS...LONG ENOUGH AND THE COLR JUST RIGHT THAT THE WAY IT'S COMBED IN THE BACK LOOKS LIKE...". I didn't just turn around...I whirled as fast as this 81 year old frame would allow...she was quite attractive...her own modest hair style tinged with generous flecks of gray.. well-fitting jeans and comfortable looking footwear...yeah, I took that all in a quick glance as the line was moving toward the register...I heard her voice again, close behind me.. "IN THE FIFTIES THEY CALLED THAT COMBING YOU HAVE IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD CALLED A DUCKS-BUTT..."!
"AFTERNOON, MIKE", I greeted the clerk there at the register...."NAW, DIDN'T NEED MUCH TODAY...RUN OUT OF LETTUCE FOR THE BLT'S I'M MAKING FOR SUPPER THIS EVENING"...
"DANG JOHN YOU BEEN WORKING IN THE SUN AGAIN...YOUR FACE IS SURE RED...REMEMBER WHAT THAT DERM-DOC TOLD YOU..YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DRESS LIKE A BEE-KEEPER WORKING OUTDOORS SO YOU WON'T BURN"!
Okay, Wise-Ass, would you have told your wife when you got home...or just went in the bathroom, closed the door and used her hand-held mirror to check the back of your head? Well Pilgrim, it does look like an old, 'D-A'...how 'bout them marbles? Chief

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.