The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to know what the barrel length would be for a Harrington and Richardson Model 922, 9-shot .22 caliber revolver, with a serial number starting with the letter Y. Thank you.

Best,
Robert

·
Premium Member
9,778 Posts
Old model had 2.5, 4,4.5 oct., 4 1/4, 6 round and oct. barrels.
New model came with 2,4,6 inch barrels.
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Mike,
Thank you very much for your response. I have now discovered (rookie) the Blue Book of Gun Values and as you probably know, it suggests Y models were manufactured in 1962. In another section, however, all the 922 models it lists having a range of manufacture close to that year, are all suggested to have ceased production in 1961. Would it help if I said the specific serial number of interest is Y 13332?
Robert

P.S. (1) The year of manufacture by serial number, I found on page 2446 (or page 16 of 48) of Serialization, for Harrington & Richardson, 1940-1982. http://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/Info/PDF/Firearm/Serialize.pdf

(2) The years different H & R Model 922's were manufactured, I found at the top of http://www.bluebookofgunvalues.com/Info/PDF/Firearm/Serialize.pdf

Note: I took the serial number from a handwritten source. Checking again, I think the serial number could well start with V... rather than Y. That would make the year of manufacture 1959.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And of course everyone knows the serial # cited, serial number Y-13332, is alleged to belong to a pistol allegedly owned by a security guard named Thane E. Cesar who happened to be standing behind Bobby Kennedy at the moment of the assassination while Sirhan was standing in front of Kennedy. This pistol was fished out of a pond in 1993 and thereafter claims were made the gun had belonged to Mr. Cesar.
Mr. Cesar was not called to testify or considered to be a suspect during the post shooting investigation.
To my knowledge no documentation has surfaced either indicating that Mr. Cesar had ever owned that particular serial number of weapon, nor even that if he had owned it once he had it with him on the day of the shooting. Lacking either documentation I can't see anything historically significant about digging a rusty .22 out of an obscure fish pond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts