Has anyone had luck getting your money back when FedEx claims to have left your package but didn't

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by JONWILL, May 14, 2020.

1. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Around here we don't have a Fedex facility. Nearest one is 70 miles away. The stuff sent to us FedEx is usually delivered by the Post Office. UPS is Delivered by UPS. My EXpressscripts 2 day Delivery comes from Tempe AZ 2 via FedEx but arrives in our Mail Gang Box delivered by the Letter Carrier. Amazon stuff is delivered by the USPS as well.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  2. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

In my area I'll take UPS and USPS over Fed-Ex any day. The UPS driver is a pleasant young woman who always seems to have a smile and a kind word. Last delivery I got from Fed-Ex was a rude, snurly snowflake who wanted to cuss and complain about my driveway. Granted it's rough, but I travel it twice a day and am no worse for wear. He informed me that from here on I'd be picking my "eeffing" packages up in town. (?) Told him to just put the package down and leave before he ended up staying longer than he had planned.

3. Promethos

Promethos Active Member

Sir, I did this about a week ago. FEDEX updated their website as delivered but the driver premarked the packages due to their overflow at work. The package came like 4 days later. In the mean time -

I started by writing out a very long formal letter to the vendor where I purchased the product. Then I called and called and called and went to the hub, went to the hub, and went to the hub. Nothing - then I went to back to the vender and said hey... need a little help. Then I contacted FEDEX corporate where I just wouldn't stop complaining ... Then I went to the BBB and filed a complaint. Now Amajon is going to fix this ...

Good Luck!

4. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Please tell what illegal behavior FedEx employees are doing. Inquiring minds want to know.

5. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

About 7 years ago I had a Garand shipped from the CMP. They use the super-special overnight service.
    There's no FFL in this deal, the CMP ships to you, thus you need to be there to sign.
    This was my 5th from the CMP, so I knew the drill. Get notified the night before, wait by the door next morning.
    By 1pm nothing, so I'm checking the tracking. "delivered", HUH? Walk outside. Package is leaning against the garage.
    Now, I'm glad in this case they left it, but OLE, they left a rifle leaning up against a building and left.

6. Wild Turkey Cogburn

Wild Turkey Cogburn Well-Known Member

I had UPS do that.

Shipped a rifle to myself, on vacation. Would not let the UPS office stamp the box as FIREARMS. Insured it for $10k.

Box stamped INSURED and ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED multiple times.

Wife home all day, I come in from work, kids running around, all over neighborhood and box sitting on porch.

I called UPS several times, looking for package. They NEVER mentioned it being insured or filing a claim.

4th day, I was going to ask about filing and Wife wouldn't let me.

Never heard from UPS, but we did have a new driver, after that. He was outstanding.

Rae Harrison likes this.
  7. Promethos

Promethos Active Member

I do not wish to speculate on the legality of what happened with FEDEX as the problems I experienced where more likely symptomatic of a slightly disorganized or possibly well overloaded operation vice those exhibiting signs of criminal activity.

1. FEDEX should not have marked the packages as delivered until they are delivered.
    2. FEDEX should not have told us they had the package only to let us drive 1.5 hours just to find out the package went out on a truck, just not the truck going to our property - 2x times.
    3. FEDEX should have an email or chat systems that is functioning and possibly helpful?

8. rlb

rlb Well-Known Member

I have had good luck here with both fedex and ups my problem is with usps. The guy that delivers our mail will crush down the end of a package to get it into the box. He will cram it in any way he can and has been known to leave a package next to the mail box that sits a 1/2 mile from our house. We go check the mail and a box is shoved in with most of the box on the outside.

9. langenc

langenc Active Member

Yes and that is at some 'hub' probably in the next state.