Have you ever had...

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/28/02 10:09:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Have you ever had...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the delimma of trying to put scents in distance locations(10ft-100ft) without walking or contaminating that path back and forth? I developed a new system where I can put scent in tree tops, grass, anywhere at a great distance without moving off the ATV(stationary) or out of the stand.

I get some cotton rag strips about 6-8" long, Wrap a 50 cal. lead ball or a rock(for the enviroment) around the end of the strip. Tie it up at one end with some cotton twine. Then When you get into the field, pour some scent into the baggie that is holding the strips. Don't roll the strip, fold the strip from the loose end to the ball. Lay the folded end in the cradle of the slingshot with the lead ball towards the outside. Let it fling. You might get a touch of mist, but only the family members at home are going to complain. If you want to put it in the trees, you must make the strip a bit longer. It works like a charm.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/28/02 10:25:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Have you ever had...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I use a M79 with half loads, can launch small squirrels too.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/28/02 10:42:01 pm)
    LTS, You everr see the video clip of the squirrel getting launched by a skeet thrower? A bunch of guys were baiting a squirrel during the winter(I think) and put the nuts on the cocked thrower. The squirrel went for the nuts and got launched. It was my first and only experience with squirrel launching.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/28/02 11:06:56 pm)
    Don`t start that again, there was a thread by someone on X about building one and having a beer squirrel shoot. Some got hot about it.......but I was rolling! LTS

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/29/02 4:53:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Have you ever had...
    I think I peed my pants I was laughing so hard at that thread.

Shooter that is a great idea.

It also has excellent possibilities for a trap line. Would be great to freshen up a set without getting close to it and stinking it up with human scent.