Have you noticed????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

LIKTOSHOOT
    (9/21/01 9:45:32 am)
    Have you noticed????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Watch carefully the military guards....guarding the hot spots for deployment areas......M14`s, not "MOUSE GUNS"
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

gpostal
    (9/21/01 10:33:33 am)
    Re: Have you noticed????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if they would have used them in Lebanon they suicide bomber that killed our marines would not have made it past the front gate ,they pounded that vehicle with .223 's from m-16's ,they don't go through steel very well ,like a .308 ,what does make it through just fragments

.223 is a human round only

if you notice most other militaries use fn-fal type weapons

Spanish Cruffler
    (9/21/01 10:40:18 am)
    The M16 is going to be rather ineffective in the wide open plains and mountains of Afghanistan - most of the rifle fire will be long range. The M16 is great for blowing away folaige in jungle areas - going to be a whole different field of operation here.

rayra
    (9/22/01 4:45:23 pm)
    ??

I can hit 12" targets at 500yds ALL DAY with a .223, thanks very much.

Agree, though, something .30 and up needed for gate guards - lots of jeeps and US Navy pickups shot up with .50 BMG in northern Saudi in '91...

Rich

AGunguy
    (9/22/01 4:51:01 pm)
    This is a good thread...makes you think. I think my AK mouse gun is not enough, I may need a 30 caliber AK. But will the 7.62 X 39 penetrate care bodies as well as the .308?

Flhunter
    (9/22/01 4:52:34 pm)
    The .223 coming out of a 1 in 7 twist barrel is rather nasty when it hits a human target.

NeoDebo
    (9/22/01 4:53:33 pm)
    Re: AGunguy

Emphatically, NO!

The .308 is a MUCH more powerful round than the 7.62x39, and it is correspondingly more effective.

ibtrukn
    (9/22/01 5:00:13 pm)
    anybody ever hear of a Garand? seems to have gotten noticed a while back.........

guzda
    (9/22/01 6:03:01 pm)
    Love that .30-06- Garand sounds OK to me!
    And just think, there's one or more in every gun cabinet in the country!
    Just watch that "M-1 Thumb"!
    IMHO

rayra
    (9/22/01 6:07:51 pm)
    Re: Love that .30-06- Garand sounds OK to me!
    Somebody say Garand??

Rich

TallTLynn
    (9/22/01 8:02:57 pm)
    Re: Love that .30-06- Garand sounds OK to me!
    Sweet "Garand" you got there!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.