He Listens......

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by The4thhorsemen, Feb 13, 2018 at 9:40 PM.

1. The4thhorsemen

The4thhorsemen Private Military Contractor Supporting Member

I have been offered a new position within my company that will allow me to stay stateside and work as an instructor on several different areas of expertise. I will not be making quite as much money but still enough to cover my bills. It will allow me more time at home with my kids and my wife. I am so very thankful for this opportunity. For those of you who had me in mind while praying; I thank you so very much. I feel relieved..... again thank you for the advice and countless versus to study. God Bless

howlnmad, Kvasir, joe45c and 10 others like this.
  2. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Praise God, that’s wonderful news and it sounds like you’re going to take the position. Your wife and kids will certainly enjoy having you around. Reminds me of something someone told me whom I very much respect. He said “you know Mark, I don’t remember how much my father made but I sure remember how much time he spent with me.” Just food for thought.

Kvasir, joe45c, Alaska444 and 4 others like this.

3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member Supporting Member

My wife once told me.........at least your not getting shot at................yet

Kvasir and The4thhorsemen like this.
  4. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This sure seems like an answer to prayer great news

5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

He always listens! So glad to hear the good news.

6. The4thhorsemen

After getting the news I realized how tired I am of taking contracts being gone and everything that goes with it

Kvasir, Broot and BlackEagle like this.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanking God for how He answers prayers.

Will continue praying as you make the transition, financially, emotionally, mentally, spiritually.

Do you have a good church?

Do you have peope around you can trust and talk to when you need to?

8. Firpo

Good points BlackEagle. Now that you’ll be home it’s a good time to get well grounded in a local church if you aren’t already.

joe45c, The4thhorsemen and BlackEagle like this.
  9. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

Good news and a whole lot safer.

I pray you will find some solace in avoiding further combat situations. Sounds like you have already sacrificed enough and a stable but important position.

If the PTSD rears its head, seek out counseling but not sure I am a fan of the overmedicated routines a lot of my colleagues venture into with their pts.

Group sessions with other vets seems to be the most productive. Sounds like a great opportunity for you and your family.

Hopefully you can share some of your expertise with TFF as well. Wishing you the best in this new position.

joe45c, The4thhorsemen and BlackEagle like this.
  10. The4thhorsemen

I admit my walk with God has been just him and I for several years. I do plan on finding a home church but to be honest I just haven't thought given my career that I was worthy of church because....... well I'll just say I've done things that seamed like viable necessary options at the time that I am ashamed of. I have fought many enemies of varying ages and genders. I'd rather not get into it. I am looking forward to the position and feel I will live up to the expectations set on me.

BlackEagle, Alaska444 and Kvasir like this.
  11. Firpo

Let me just say this young man, whatever it was that you did, no matter how bad you think you are, you simply don’t have the ability to do something so horrible that the cleansing blood of Christ can wash away. Confess your sins and they will be separated from you as far as the east is from the west. Also, you don’t need to get yourself all cleaned up inside and out before you go to church. Come as you are and be infilled with the Spirt of the Lord. He loves you.

12. The4thhorsemen

Well that caused a slight salty discharge from my eyes ........LOL thank you Sir

BlackEagle and Kvasir like this.
  13. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

None of us are worthy. You are in good company. Join the list of men of total depravity with desperately wicked hearts.

Recognizing you are a sinner is the first step of repentance.

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

14. The4thhorsemen

I have sinned and broken the laws of God and Man I ask for mercy and that my soul would find peace

15. Firpo

That’l do. Now here’s what I try to do, you may find something else that works for you. Rather than asking the Lord what he’d have me do I ask who’d He would have me be. I’m of the belief that I can’t think my way in to good behavior but I can behave my way in to good thinking.

Go Get’m