The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
1911 Nut
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been on the road with our horses for almost 5 months and had a great time. We are sorta home sick, but really don't want to go home. We have been in South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. We have made a lot of new friends and strengthened friendships with people we met last year.

We put over 1200 miles on two horses. A little over 600 miles each. I don't even have a sore butt. Our horses came to and dropped their noses into their halters every day. They seemed to enjoy the rides as much as we did.

We start our trek home to Alabama tomorrow. Leaving South Dakota, driving thru Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. We will have overnight stops in Nebraska and Missouri. Then 4 nights in Illinois and 5 nights in Kentucky. Then to Alabama.

A great summer coming to an end.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,852 Posts
We've enjoyed reading about your adventures, thanks for taking us along for the rides.:)
I second that.

Safe travels on the homeward stretch.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks for the memories!!

·
TFF Chaplain
18,852 Posts
It is cold and very windy. A little ice and snow at times. Time to head toward warmer ground.
Praying that God will keep you safe. Watch that ice, wind and snow on the roads. It can be a bad combination.

Reactions: tedwitt and Guts3d

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
We have been on the road with our horses for almost 5 months and had a great time. We are sorta home sick, but really don't want to go home. We have been in South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. We have made a lot of new friends and strengthened friendships with people we met last year.

We put over 1200 miles on two horses. A little over 600 miles each. I don't even have a sore butt. Our horses came to and dropped their noses into their halters every day. They seemed to enjoy the rides as much as we did.

We start our trek home to Alabama tomorrow. Leaving South Dakota, driving thru Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. We will have overnight stops in Nebraska and Missouri. Then 4 nights in Illinois and 5 nights in Kentucky. Then to Alabama.

A great summer coming to an end.
600 miles in the saddle each........WOW! I was just wondering to myself, do ya'll just take 2 horses when you go on such a long trip (months) or do you take a spare that you leave somewhere in case one gets injured? Probably a dumb question but I was just curious.

·
Administrator
1911 Nut
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
600 miles in the saddle each........WOW! I was just wondering to myself, do ya'll just take 2 horses when you go on such a long trip (months) or do you take a spare that you leave somewhere in case one gets injured? Probably a dumb question but I was just curious.
No, we just take 2. That spare horse can cost a lot of $$$.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts