The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had some what I thought was hst 40cal in my xd40 for years.
The headstamp stays fc 40s&w, but I cannot find 40 hst box or ever remember buying them. Im trying to determine if these are HSTs or the standard federal hp's. They are 10 years old im guessing. I looked on the headstamp data, but no luck. I can post a pic if need be. I never shoot the 40. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
40,189 Posts
Your FC head stamp is probably for Federal Cartridge Corp. There are two other companies that use FC but they are both foreign.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FC is 'Federal Cartridge,' and the brass may be nickel-plated or raw brass. The HST bullets have cuts in the jacket of slightly different thickness and depth to aid in expanding in a predictable manner over a variety of impact speeds, or as the bullet slows in a soft target. It's very effective self-defense ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
FC is 'Federal Cartridge,' and the brass may be nickel-plated or raw brass. The HST bullets have cuts in the jacket of slightly different thickness and depth to aid in expanding in a predictable manner over a variety of impact speeds, or as the bullet slows in a soft target. It's very effective self-defense ammo. View attachment 242165
Thanks. I use HSTs in my 9mms. I only have one 40cal and thought I had HSTs in it, but I cannot remember buying them to save my life and no box. Forgot to mention the nickle plating. Good, they are what I thought they were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts