The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
6,188 Posts
Thank you for your service too our country from a Texan who does not believe in parties, but believes in the great pumpkin, Santa Claus, the easter bunny , the tooth fairy and UFO's. Welcome to a great forum and better yet, great people.

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,852 Posts
Hello all, I am a Democrat, and contrary to popular believe, most Democrats own guns and support the 2nd amendment. Please do not reply with a bunch of hate, there's plenty of that going around anyway. Just know that I am a Veteran with 25 years of service in the United States Navy, I own guns and I love my country as much as you do. Civil conversation will get us much further than hate speech.
Welcome, kristp, from beautiful downtown Bullhead City, AZ. It's not the end of the world, but we can see that from here!

And I wouldn't worry about hate speech here; Conservatives don' t engage in that infantile behavior. But do be prepared to learn truths that you'll never hear from the mainstream media, or the Party. Support our Constitution, and the freedoms it protects, and you will be a lifelong member! :D

·
Banned
Couple handguns, couple shotguns, couple antiques.
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You mean, to quote a great conservative mind, "alternate facts" I presume?

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,852 Posts
You mean, to quote a great conservative mind, "alternate facts" I presume?
I'm too simple to comprehend such things; I'm an engineer, and I only understand one kind of fact, the kind that can be measured and verified. Being highly trained in mathematics, I know the many ways that data can be juggled and twisted to create a supposed 'fact' from pure fabrication, so I trust nothing from any source until I can verify the fact myself from independent sources. There are always alternate opinions - that's what makes horse races possible - but there is no such thing as an alternate fact.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,261 Posts
Oof, a democrat? Just kidding - I have plenty of friends who are democrats. Most of them aren’t fond of firearms though! Good for you!

Welcome to TFF from another 2A embracing patriot! We need more constitution supporting guys like you around 🙂

Broot

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im new here too..But welcome..from OhiO. I see we are both dog lovers. Years ago folks like you were called "gun rack" Democrats, There were alot of them in the Southern States. Always wondered, when you go to vote..how does that work..? You must be terribly conflicted..?

·
GUNZILLA
6,188 Posts
but there is no such thing as an alternate fact.
I think A. Lincoln said it best!

"
I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."

·
GUNZILLA
6,188 Posts
I saw a UFO, boy that was some good stuff!!!
Wished I had some of that good stuff...for medicinal purposes when I had my cataracts, it probably would have delayed my surgeries.

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
"alternative facts"? That is both a contradiction and an oxymoron.

ted, same boat here, all the way around.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The alternative facts quote is not mine...

"Alternative facts" was a phrase used by U.S. Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview on January 22, 2017, in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's false statement about the attendance numbers of Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Oof, a democrat? Just kidding - I have plenty of friends who are democrats. Most of them aren’t fond of firearms though! Good for you!

Welcome to TFF from another 2A embracing patriot! We need more constitution supporting guys like you around 🙂

Broot
Hi Broot, I put my party affiliation in my intro because I have a lot of GOP friends also. They are always very surprised that I am a staunch Democrat and a supporter of gun rights. I know the general demographic of gun forums, and of Gander Mountain/Cabella shopper's and I think it's worthwhile to enlighten folks that many (most) democrats are not anti-gun. Many are veterans of the armed forces, and we love our country! Conversation is needed, not devisive rhetoric. That's all, I may take it down... we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
Doesn't matter who said it, it's still contradictory. I won't start on the contradictions that come from demofascists.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
demofascists!?... and there it is.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.