The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into serious collecting about 9 years ago and I focus on old Winchesters + WWI and WWII pistols and rifles from all the major players and some minor ones. If I have them I shoot them and going to the range can be lots of fun for me and a history lesson for those around me who would otherwise never see or fire an 1873 Winchester or a Navy Luger or a Nambu or a Broomhandle or a WWI 1911. Not that I don't appreciate some of my modern stuff like my Kimbers and the recently purchased PMR-30 (a blast to shoot). I spend some time looking for missing cleaning rods, dust covers, muzzle covers, bayonets, etc. and I don't stop until every weapon is complete. I shot competitively starting when I was 13 in the Jr. NRA with the Target 144 Mossberg that I still have that is now 63 years old. I belong to the NRA and the USCCA.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,403 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Gilbert, SC!

·
Premium Member
19,599 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Another Texas Welcome!

When I was 13 I had no clue about the NRA, or competitive shooting. I have been hunting since age 9, but being raised in the sticks, we had no idea that there were still folks like Herb Parsons, Tom Knapp, Ed McGivern, or Elmer Keith, out there making a living shooting guns! Sometimes I wish I had grown up in an area of the country were I could have witnessed these men, and women doing what they all loved to do.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
Aromatherapy 😍
4,281 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.....

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Welcome from the Zone!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Western, NY.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Hello from the High Country of Northern CA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts