The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new member from the UK may seem a little strange, given the somewhat draconian legal framework this side of the Atlantic. This said, limited exemptions for certain antiques can provide a fascinating hunting ground and my collection now encompasses items such as a "Committee of Safety" Long Land Pattern "Brown Bess" and an SW Model 3 Transition. These have not been deactivated with angle grinders and oxy acerylene and are fully legal if held (and only held) as an "ornament or curiousity". (Who uses the term "curiousity" in the 21st century.)

So I guess my natural home is going to be muzzle loading and black powder.

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Welcome from a black powder and muzzle loading addict from Oregon.
We have a member from across the pond so we're familiar with how things go for the shooting sports in the UK.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,842 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Brit. It's been fun explaining that yes, we can have firearms over here, after we jump through a load of hoops.

So I guess my natural home is going to be muzzle loading and black powder.
I've never delved into the obsolete caliber guns over here. I'll be interested to see what you have. We do have a thread for random gun photos.

Aside from that we have several BP gurus here who have helped me on a number of occasions. Make your way over to the Black Powder section and ask all you want. The only "dumb" question here is the one you don't ask. Everyone is happy to help.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Is it true you have to have a licence to use black powder over there in the UK?
We are supposed to have three licences or certificates for black powder...one for the BP guns, one to store it, and one to transport it. BP substitutes like Pyrodex do not need those certificates.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!
P1050370.JPG

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.