The Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the Forum! From Indiana. Is it true you have to have a licence to use black powder over there in the UK? View attachment 223968
Unfortunately, yes. As I understand, I
If you want to use an antique black powder firearm, you need a "ticket" in the UK beforehand unless you are under supervision at a legitimate gun club. You also need a "ticket" if you want to buy a muzzle loader which is less than 100 years old. Buying and storing black powder itself needs a separate piece of official paper.

Welcome.

Muzzleloaders are the oldest and purist branch of firearms.
They certainly have a certain individual romance and charm. You get the item and the history.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welcome from a fellow Brit. It's been fun explaining that yes, we can have firearms over here, after we jump through a load of hoops.

I've never delved into the obsolete caliber guns over here. I'll be interested to see what you have. We do have a thread for random gun photos.

Aside from that we have several BP gurus here who have helped me on a number of occasions. Make your way over to the Black Powder section and ask all you want. The only "dumb" question here is the one you don't ask. Everyone is happy to help.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

We are supposed to have three licences or certificates for black powder...one for the BP guns, one to store it, and one to transport it. BP substitutes like Pyrodex do not need those certificates.
Nice to hear from you too. I'll post some photos as they are an eclectic mix. I was told by a very good dealer that I should have a "theme" . So I decided to have a canter through history, with one of each type through the ages.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
You will find people on this forum follow "themes" as they collect guns. It's interesting to see a collection grow over time.

·
Premium Member
11,716 Posts
And another welcome from the "hills and hollers" of the Ozarks of Missouri. YEs sir, that's me, about 10 years ago!

Copy of P1010001.JPG

P1010171.JPG

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.