The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i registered on the cast bullets forum a long time ago and have never been able to post to it. have emailed three time to ask why and never received a reply. so i am out of luck an that deal.

rick

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
I don't know that site. I looked up tecmajex and it provided some tecmagex references, and it's all in French.
That is a Euopean site that says they have the dies @ $172. They have about a 70% rating. The site looks legit, but who knows. It appears they have been in business for several years. At least before the scamdemic.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I think the Lyman neck expanding die is included with this auction, but I could be mistaken

The Redding part numbers you are looking for are listed below for your convenience

Part # Caliber DIE NAME SHELL HOLDER DECAP ROD SIZE BUTTON SEAT PLUG

80842 25 25-20 Single Shot 10 01032 42256 01067
71842 25 25-20 Single Shot B/N 11246

·
GUNZILLA
8,021 Posts
I know you stated that you contacted many businesses, I just do not know which. Is neiljones.com one of them. I've found sights that do the custom cartridge , but extremely expensive at almost 5 bucks each.

·
TFF Chaplain
21,602 Posts
BE, Those are the .25-20wcf ones. Not the ones Rick needs.
That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Reactions: joe45c

·
TFF Chaplain
21,602 Posts
Reactions: tuckerd1

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
kind of related. if i can find cases, or loaded cartridges, can i shoot [read fire form] them and not need to size to reload?
it is possible to seat a bullet using a different caliber die, i think. so i could reload without correct dies?
a neck can be squeezed to give bullet tension with a regular 25-20 sizing die?
this sounds good to me. or am i just fooling myself?

rick

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I know you stated that you contacted many businesses, I just do not know which. Is neiljones.com one of them. I've found sights that do the custom cartridge , but extremely expensive at almost 5 bucks each.
links from neiljones MAY have helped in this problem. headed to Tenn tomorrow so will pick up on it next week.
thanks for the help.

rick

·
Premium Member
15,221 Posts
kind of related. if i can find cases, or loaded cartridges, can i shoot [read fire form] them and not need to size to reload?
it is possible to seat a bullet using a different caliber die, i think. so i could reload without correct dies?
a neck can be squeezed to give bullet tension with a regular 25-20 sizing die?
this sounds good to me. or am i just fooling myself?

rick
Of course it's possible. I do it all the time with a few cartridges. It's also possible you might be able to neck size the 25-20 SS cases. What it hinges on is whether or not the shoulder diameter of the case you want to size is smaller than the case for which the die is made. For instance, I use 9.3 X 74R dies to neck size my 9.3 X 75R Nimrod cases and seat the bullets. The cases are the same caliber and in this instance, near the same length, which doesn't matter. What matters is the Nimrod case has a narrower shoulder than the X 74R case. I also use 9 X 57 dies to neck size and seat and crimp bullets for a 9mm case I make from 30-40 Krag which are for a drilling I have that's been rechambered. I've had or have 45 cal. cases of; 45-70, 45-90, 45-100 and 45-120....and loaded them all with 45-70 dies. There's probably a thousand other examples if a fella wanted to look for them.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Of course it's possible. I do it all the time with a few cartridges. It's also possible you might be able to neck size the 25-20 SS cases. What it hinges on is whether or not the shoulder diameter of the case you want to size is smaller than the case for which the die is made. For instance, I use 9.3 X 74R dies to neck size my 9.3 X 75R Nimrod cases and seat the bullets. The cases are the same caliber and in this instance, near the same length, which doesn't matter. What matters is the Nimrod case has a narrower shoulder than the X 74R case. I also use 9 X 57 dies to neck size and seat and crimp bullets for a 9mm case I make from 30-40 Krag which are for a drilling I have that's been rechambered. I've had or have 45 cal. cases of; 45-70, 45-90, 45-100 and 45-120....and loaded them all with 45-70 dies. There's probably a thousand other examples if a fella wanted to look for them.
thanks! you have given me hope. caliber correct dies may be a long way off.

rick

·
Premium Member
15,221 Posts
I asked on CB and had one gentleman respond but turns out they were WCF dies. Things aren't looking very hopeful.

Reactions: mudman35962

·
Registered
God, Country the Wife and German Shepherds. These are a few of my favorite things
18 Posts
It's not a quick fix but I follow a lot of monthly gun auctions and every once in a while they'll have a lot of reloading equipment go through. If you want I can send you a link!

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
You can buy the collet neck sizing die from CH4D and then buy the correct size collet for the bullet tension you want. I did that for the Gustaf.

·
GUNZILLA
8,021 Posts
links from neiljones MAY have helped in this problem. headed to Tenn tomorrow so will pick up on it next week.
thanks for the help.

rick
I've been having issues linking websites they get deleted and need to figure out how to take a screen shot. Regardless all you had to do is google it as I typed neiljones.com and you would have found the website. Not a big deal.

Reactions: mudman35962

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It's not a quick fix but I follow a lot of monthly gun auctions and every once in a while they'll have a lot of reloading equipment go through. If you want I can send you a link!
thank you, that would be great. this may be the only way i get a set of dies.

rick

·
Registered
576 Posts
Rick, I sent you a link to Redding through email that will make a set to your specs with 4 month turn around. Cost???
This is from the Forrester website:

Notes: Use 25-20 factory brass or form from 32-20 Winchester cases in a form die set. Note, the information in this entry does NOT apply to 25-20 Marlin or the 25-20 Single shot cartridges (please call if you need ordering info on these two cartridges).

I don't know what it would cost, but it appears from that statement that the 25-20 SS is an option but you have to call. Hope it helps.

·
GUNZILLA
8,021 Posts
You might want to call Natchez , they list a set of lee 25-20 and find out if they are the SS or winchester, it does not state in the description.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts