The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an old high standard from a friend, I received it broken and in terrible shape . I am a novice to this pistol and would like to figure it out . The slide will not go all the way back and will not slide back home. The take down pin on top of the slide will not compress at all and the rotating lever on the right of the pistol rotates loosely. Any idea on how I am able to disassemble the pistol?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I just received an old high standard from a friend, I received it broken and in terrible shape . I am a novice to this pistol and would like to figure it out . The slide will not go all the way back and will not slide back home. The take down pin on top of the slide will not compress at all and the rotating lever on the right of the pistol rotates loosely. Any idea on how I am able to disassemble the pistol?
I'd try a gunsmith if I were you. It reach's a point with most people were they really shouldn't be messing with it. I have an HD military and operating right, it is a super gun!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Your pistol is a real keeper. I think your problem lies in improper assembly after someone field stripped it.
Have a look at the video(link above) and see if you can get the pistol disassembled after studying the video. If you can, just follow the video to reassemble it correctly. You have to do this without tools other than the single tool used in the video. If you can't take the pistol apart.............off to the gunsmith. Hint: Try to stabilize the lever on the side so that it is at a 45 degree angle, stable, and gives the appearance of being assembled. It will be incorrectly assembled but the takedown button should compress and allow the slide to come off. The video gives good instructions for reassembly. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your pistol is a real keeper. I think your problem lies in improper assembly after someone field stripped it.
Have a look at the video(link above) and see if you can get the pistol disassembled after studying the video. If you can, just follow the video to reassemble it correctly. You have to do this without tools other than the single tool used in the video. If you can't take the pistol apart.............off to the gunsmith. Hint: Try to stabilize the lever on the side so that it is at a 45 degree angle, stable, and gives the appearance of being assembled. It will be incorrectly assembled but the takedown button should compress and allow the slide to come off. The video gives good instructions for reassembly. Good luck.

-- I don't believe the video helps. The side lever is broken and loose and has no traction. And the button will not depress at any angle of the lever

·
Registered
750 Posts
-- I don't believe the video helps. The side lever is broken and loose and has no traction. And the button will not depress at any angle of the lever
Then, the gunsmith it is, save the video for when the pistol is repaired. You can field strip it then.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts