The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Is there any text on the barrel at all? A number of companies made these around the turn of the century and into the 1930's. They were chambered in either .32 S&W or .38 S&W. Earlier models were for black powder cartridges.

Looks like this one is missing some parts. They aren't worth very much even from brand names like Iver Johnson. They usually go for about $50 in good condition. I only paid $38 for mine and it functions fine.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
I can't read the mark from the photo, but you should easily be able to read most of that mark though a simple magnifying glass with good light.

You need to keep in mind though that these little top break pistols were all the rage back at the turn of the century. They aren't worth much because there are still so many available and they were produced in such huge numbers. A collector likes to have at least one though ;) and that is why I bought mine. Ammo is available for them, though it is a little expensive. I bought one box of ammo after I bought my lil ole .32 top break. I cleaned it, oiled it and test fired it (that was a hoot since the first rounds I put in it just happened to be old black powder rounds). Now it is basically my truck gun. If I hit a deer and it doesn't die I can stop it suffering quickly.

I had to put down our only breeding buck goat last week because he could not recover from the illness that struck our herd. I used the .38 for that - the cartridges are much easier to find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.