The Firearms Forum banner

Help needed on age & rough value of inherited items

656 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Buffalochip 
#1 ·
Hello and thank you for having this forum!

I recently inherited the following firearms, 2 rifles and 2 old handguns that have been in my family between 50-95 years. I am not a firearms person, know little about them, but am curious and needing to decide what to do with them! They are:

1. Rock Island Arsenal .30-06 rifle (?) SN 361706 age unknown. Excellent condition. Not sure if any part of it has been modified (stock, possibly)

2 Winchester rifle, Model 62A 22 SL or LR circa 1956. Visible hammer. Oak leaves and a single squirrel carved into wood (?). SN 350811.

3. Colt .32 Rimless Smokeless hammerless automatic pocket handgun. Model 1903, but likely 1923 manufacture date. SN 485705. Not blued, but silver and in very good condition. I think a Type IV or V (?).

4. Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works, "safety automatic" hammerless, 6-shot revolver; owl handle, SN 55038 on bottom of grip. It is nickel-plated and in medium condition. The barrel seems to be 4 to 4+ inches.
The pat. First line is somewhat unreadable: Aug. something, but yr not clear. Second line says Pat. pending...

Any info or more exact dates or any values would be most appreciated. I have additional photos of each, if necessary.
View attachment 85669 View attachment 85672 View attachment 85673 View attachment 85674
Thank you in advance for any information.

See less See more
#2 ·
The hammerless Iver Johnson is a third model, and if 6-shot a large frame in .32 S&W Long caliber.
If patent line starts with Aug, it's a 2nd variation made 1913-17.
Not a popular model or highly collectible, value possibly + or - $100.

I won't comment on the others except that carvings on the Win. 62A stock will probably lower value rather than increase it.

#3 ·
The hammerless Iver Johnson is a third model, and if 6-shot a large frame in .32 S&W Long caliber.
If patent line starts with Aug, it's a 2nd variation made 1913-17.
Not a popular model or highly collectible, value possibly + or - $100.

I won't comment on the others except that carvings on the Win. 62A stock will probably lower value rather than increase it.
Hi hrf,
Thank you.

Assuming your 'no comment' on the other 3 is due to your specific area of expertise, and not that they are all value-less. A book by S.P. Fjestad led me to believe the Colt might have value, as well as the Rock Island Arsenal 30-ot. Again, thank you very much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.