The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought a new LCR 357 Ruger..I love the gun but I noticed that in 2 small spots it seems like the finish is rubbed thru...I dont think its from the holster as it hasnt been in and out of it that often,,,,

I called Ruger and they said "send it back UPS Next Day and we will look at it and either refinish or replace etc " Now here is my thoughts...the spots are the size of this > 0

Should I just keep and use the gun as im sure before im done it will have more spots on it and if I send it back and they refinish it it may happen again ??

The gun shoots great and I like it so far although I only have about 50 rounds of 357 and a few 38's thru it...

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Personally I would send it back because those spots will most likely get worse. There must have been something wrong in the bluing prosess to cause this. Normal wear by you is expected. Premature wear due to mfg. error is not. It was your hard earned money that bought the gun so I would opt for sending it back.

Ruger customer service is pleasant to work with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its just that the spot is SOOOO small...also I have to get used to this gun..it shoots real low but it may be me pulling down when pulling the trigger...

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Were on the gun is the wear marks? most of the gun is polymer except the cylinder and barrel sleeve which are anodized titanium alloy.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
take a sharpie and cover the darn spots and go shoot your revolver.. A little rubmark aint gonna effect where the bullet hits. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the 357 LCR the only poly is here the grip attaches to the frame...the fram is blackned stainless steel...the small marks are one on the side of the barrel and one under the cylinder...im not gonna send it back for that..

I shoyt it today with hot loaded 357 mags...its a handfull for sure ! About 20 rounds of that and I was done...its decent with .38's

I see the LGS has the LCR 22 in the case for 395.00...I may pick that up too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts