Help!! Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Dave3
    (1/17/02 6:42:28 pm)
    Reply Help!! Opinions Needed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm wanting to get a 1911 WWII era. It dosen't have to be perfect, Just mostly blue and shoot. What would a gun like this cost. I have seen one that looked like it was fished out of a river priced at 400 bucks. It seemed to be in working order and the man said it shot fine and offered to let me shoot it. I just could not see paying that for one that rough. So let's say an 1911 colt or any other manufacture doing the war 60-70% what's the going rate. (I guess I could go scan the auctions. I'm getting to dependent on asking all you guys) Thanks for your help.

Zigzag2
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/17/02 7:23:10 pm)
    Reply Re: Help!! Opinions Needed
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Dave From what I've seen lately (and I'm not an expert)
    you might reconsider the 1911 you seen with in mind doing some reconditioning.
    Some of the WWII era pieces are bringing astronomical prices.
    Shooter45 is knowledgable in that field, and I'm sure him or a number of other members will be along anytime now, that can better advise you.

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 1/18/02 7:25:58 am

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (1/18/02 12:18:29 am)
    Dave, a few years ago I bought a nice Ithica for $250., that doesn't happen often. If you want an old 1911, be prepared for sticker shock. You will probably pay $500- $650 for anything decent. More for something really nice.
    There are lots of 1911's around for $400 to $500. Just not the Military marked ones.

Xracer
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/18/02 9:09:41 am)
    Dave, does it have to be a military-marked M1911A1? If not, take a look at the Argentine Systema 1927's....they're going for around $300.00.

www.cruffler.com/JLD.html

www.jldenter.com/JLD Pi...20page.htm