The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I need any info possible, its a double 12 ga maybe a stevens it needs 2 new sears and firing pins it was my great grandfathers, not worth much but would like to get it back shooting it was traded off by a family member a while back and my dad just got it back, my Pawpaw called it a stevens but it doesnt look like any of the 315 or 311s

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
somehow made the pics links sorry, stupid phone Got them fixed

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think that old gun has about had it. It has obviously been repaired many times and was not an expensive gun to begin with. It might be an early Stevens, but Stevens guns were generally marked.

I strongly recommend you hang it on the wall in honorable retirement and in memory of your Pawpaw.

Jim

·
Registered
887 Posts
No name on it anywhere?

Pull the barrels and look at the bottom. Any marks?
Maybe a ELG in a oval with a crown on top?

I don't know what it is, other than a thoroughly used
up shotgun. Doesn't appear to be a Crescent. That
lump of metal just below the hinge pin is sort of distinctive.
Maybe someone will be along that recognizes it.

·
Premium Member
9,581 Posts
I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think that old gun has about had it. It has obviously been repaired many times and was not an expensive gun to begin with. It might be an early Stevens, but Stevens guns were generally marked.

I strongly recommend you hang it on the wall in honorable retirement and in memory of your Pawpaw.

Jim
I agree.
It is a wall hanger.
Mike

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check for that mark when I go back to my dad's all i remember seeing is a serial number under the barrels, forearm, and receiverv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts