The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having JLA put a new Cerakote finish on my 10MM 1911. There are a lot of colors to choose from and I could use some help.
http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/

Here is what it looks like now with the two different grips I use. The white one is Water Buffalo bone and is not as pure glaring white as the picture shows, but it is pretty white. I want to get rid of that RI Flagship on the slide.

What do ya think? What would look good with these white grips.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Are you gunna do a two tone theme? Or just a single color? Do you carry it a lot ? But since you asked, I think the gun would look good in a grayish color. Like a tungsten or sniper grey. But if you want like a tactical look a brown or tan, like the federal standard saber sand. I say the tungsten or titanium would look sharp Steve. By the way nice gun. Go here to see the grayish colors I'm talking about http://cerakote.net/

·
Registered
741 Posts
don't ask highboy. wind up with hello kittys on it.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
10mm RI 1911, now aint that awesome... i always like darker with blued, and lighter with ss/nickel... a reddish nut brown like a mahogany would look bomb wit dat...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I like Olive drab. Natural/organic looking, if that makes sense.

The coyote tan is ok, but looks too military/desert/iraq/afghanistan looking in my opinion

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
H-238Q Midnight Blue gets my vote.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I would vote for doing just the slide in corvette yellow. Leave the rest black; the grips already look good on that.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Here is my Sig Scorpion....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think it should be some typ eof grey. I like the Battle Ship Grey, and the Tactical Grey.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've been eye balling that sig scorpion on *** ****** for the past two weeks, I've been in happy with my 1911, and if I can't get her to shoot like I want, I'm going to buy one! I love it double d! If I do get her to shoot ,I've considered a fde or OD/matte black two tone set up. I vote for either of those!

Like this!!( quick google search) this is the best looking one out of the 10-15 I saw.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
It's a tough call because there are so many options. I think that the olive drab would match the grips better though I doubt I'd put white grips on it. I don't think I'd put white grips on any .45 for that matter.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts