The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had posted on another forum and got some insight into one of the two holsters I was asking about..but hadn't gotten any response to what this one might be..

It appears to be a twin to a German HP holster, circa early 1950s and I'm thinking this one is from the same era. My HP fits the holster, mag is a bit tight in the mag pouch but that could be from leather shrinking...

What I would appreciate knowing is the manufacturer and if early 50s would be correct.

Is stamped "158" on the inside along with a manufacturer marking that is partially readable...can make out "werke" and then maybe Widelen. Under that is really unreadable...N..SBERG R HS?..

The other holster was numbered to the pistol. This has no number.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Try sifting some flour over the letters then blowing off the excess. This might bring out the letters in some kind of relief.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have a West German police holster for a Browning High Power. Similar holsters were made for the Star Model B, and for the P38/P1. You are correct to date this in the 50's-60's.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I was figuring it looked very much like a P38 holster myself....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I'm thinking Shooter. Was hoping to get a handle on the manufacturer...guess its moot.

WHSmithIV, that was my thought initially...a P38 does fit but the mag pouch is way too big for a P38 mag...

Thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts