The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a U.S. Revolver Co. 7 shot 22, solid frame revolver. The serial number on both the trigger guard and under the left grip panel are 41936 with no letter. I would appreciate any information that I can get about year of manufacture.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
You need to post pictures. Guys here can find out the year of manufacture BUT nobody can give you an estimated value without pics. To add pics, simply take some good pics, put them in your computer, click the 'go advanced' option when making your post (or editing your post), look for the paper clip icon in the advanced menu bar for the post and add your photos.

The general info I can tell you now without even seeing pics is:

US Revolver Co. was the mail order business of Iver Johnson. There should be patent dates on the barrel that will provide info as to when it was actually made.

Condition is everything with these old pistols. Even in excellent condition they don't bring much. Ammo isn't always so readily available either depending on what they need to use.

If the area you live in does 'gun buy backs', take it there with their 'no questions asked' policy and take your $100 Walmart gift certificate.

I'll give you a real world example: I bought a US Revolver Co. .32 S&W revolver last fall. I paid $38 for it plus postage. My pistol was made in 1930. My pistol fires just fine providing I have ammo for it. I keep mine loaded as a truck gun and stick it on my dashboard. However, I think I will retire mine and use my .38 on the dashboard instead.

With these old pistols you have to be careful for many reasons.

I seriously doubt you can get more than $100 for it. If you take it to a pawn shop or a gun shop then you can expect to get $25 to $50 for it depending on it's condition. In REALLY BAD condition, expect to get zero - it is simply a wall decoration or a paperweight.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Welcome to TFF. Your friend's solid frame .22 U. S. Revolver was made in 1915.

They were not marked with patent dates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help with the date. I can post pictures tonight, he doesn't want to sell it, he just found it in his grandfather's things and no one even knew he had it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts