Help with my first pistol purchase (Talon T200)...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

ShootingInVT
    (2/3/03 5:53:56 pm)
    Reply Help with my first pistol purchase (Talon T200)...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi to all...
    This is my first entry on TFF. I am from Vermont and will try not to make this longwinded but I am looking for some advice/help/suggestions. Yesterday I attended a local gunshow and purchased a Talon T200 9mm, 10 round clip, 3 inch barrel. I had never heard of the gun before but the price was low. I have hunted for years and shot all sorts of rifles but this is my first handgun purchase. Once I got home I was trying to find information on the T200 and actually found some good info. here on TFF. I read two postings that talked about the slide of the gun cracking. This caused me to worry about my safety and the safety of those that will be shooting my weapon with me. I called a respectable gun dealer locally and he thought that I should be able to still shoot the gun but I should monitor closely the condition of the slide and if a crack develops I should discontinue use. Now is where my questions come in. Does anyone out there have experiences to share about this particular piece good or bad I would like to hear it all? Does anyone know if there are slides available for purchase if mine does fail? I would take a slide from that same gun or one that is manufacured to fit! Basically I am just interested in hearing from everyone out there. I appreciate all of you time and want to thank those of you that have stuck with me through this whole posting...I will try to keep them shorter from here on out...

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/3/03 6:15:42 pm)
    Reply Re: Help with my first pistol purchase (Talon T200)...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome ShootinglnVT to the forum.

Your questions probably should be in the handgun thread of pistols and revolvers, but I'll leave it here until folks have had a chance to say hello and maybe answer your question about the Talon...which I don't jack because I've never heard of it.

But that don't mean someone else around here hasn't and can give you the information you require.

Gunguy

ShootingInVT
    (2/3/03 6:38:52 pm)
    Reply Thanks...
    Good point about posting in a different section...I will do that...thanks for the reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.