Help with "Pale Rider's" shootin iron.please

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Zigzag2, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

bg
    (3/5/02 6:25:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Help with "Pale Rider's" shootin iron.please
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Howdy Folks..
    I know this isn't the Black Powder forum.I've posted there with no bites and I'd sure like to know what Mr.eastwood was shooting in Pale Rider.I've never seen a pistol break down like that and I want one or a replica.It looks like a 1858 Remington cap and ball,I don't know.Any help please.bg

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/02 8:29:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Help with "Pale Rider's" shootin iron.please
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remington new model police.

They have one here, only $875!

users.rcn.com/bobrecht/page2.htm

Hope this helps!

(edited for link)

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 3/6/02 6:01:09 am

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 9:41:51 pm)
    Speed Loader of it`s time......

hammer4nc
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/02 10:07:37 pm)
    Get a load of clint's "belt buckle" carry from that film:

and left-handed, to boot!

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/5/02 10:11:46 pm)
    Just buy a Ruger Old Army and have a couple of extra cylinders fitted! It's not the exact same pistol, It's BETTER! And YES you will be able to change cylinders like he did in the movie!(with a little practice)
    Your Buddy,
    MO

bg
    (3/6/02 12:04:37 am)
    Outstanding,Gentlemen.My thanks.Yes the more I gaze upon the picture,the more convinced I am that one must be mine.Ruger you say...will look into.Remington New Model Police
    is the orig,I see.I can't afford this,but that's never been much of a deterrent before...Thanks again.bg

MO JENKINS
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/7/02 9:13:10 pm)
    I seem to remember, it must not have been long after the release of that film. I had a Ruger Old Army and I was at my gunsmiths picking up a rifle. I had noticed another Old Army with a few cylinders on the bench, I asked about it and the Smith shared with me that the Ruger's Cylinder pin release facilitated a very quick change. I no longer have my Old Army, but I think it had something to do with a button type release inherent to the Ruger design(a feature that I don't think is shared with the other Remingtons). Sure wish I still had the Ruger!
    Your Buddy,
    MO