The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Grandfathers Stevens 16 gauge side by side and know nothing about it. I am in need of a stock . Mine is plastic and is splitting in two directions. Does anyone know anything about them.

·
TFF Chaplain
21,987 Posts
Welcome to the forum, carolina grizzly;

You've come to the right place. There are quite a few people here who have lots of knowldege and experience and are only too glad to help. We're a friendly bunch who like a good discussion, a good laugh, and who care for each other.

Someone here will get you some answers.

·
TFF Chaplain
21,987 Posts
I have my Grandfathers Stevens 16 gauge side by side and know nothing about it. I am in need of a stock . Mine is plastic and is splitting in two directions. Does anyone know anything about them.
I should have said, pictures of the gun are helpful, if you can post some.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
There's a fellow that shows up to the Centralia, WA gunshow who's got something like 20,000 square feet of nothing but gunstocks, I don't have his contact info at the moment but I will grab it tomorrow or shoot me a PM if you can't find a stock elsewhere; I'm certain he would be able to get you fixed up.

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Had one of those plastic stocked Stevens in 12 guage about thirty years ago. Hardest kicking double I've ever fired in my life! As for replacement stocks, try Bob's Gun Shop (www.gun-parts.com/savagestocks/). He's got stocks for pretty much the entire Savage/Springfield/Stevens series.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Stocks are available at around $80, but most today are semi-inletted, so unless you can do the work yourself, it will cost to have someone inlet and finish it.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts