The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently inherited a collection of mostly modified turkey guns. There is a pistol that I'm curious about though. It's a S&W .22 long rifle CTG. It has a 4inch barrel and the serial number doesn't have a letter designating the frame. I'm told this makes it pre war. Can anyone give me some info on it's age and worth? It is in good condition. The right side of the barrel has a couple of scratches and what looks like a small spot of surface rust. The wood is in great shape. The serial number is 89361. Everything is tight and still operates great.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
44,808 Posts
From what can be seen, itr might be worth nothing OR in might be worth a mint, please click on, read, and respond to this sticky post that you must have missed:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for responding.
That's what I thought but it doesn't have the K next to the numbers.
It's a Model 18 - 4" barrel. The 17 had a 6" barrel. Remove the grips and you'll find the s/n stamped on the bottom surface of the grip.
It has numbers on the part that swings out with the cylinder. There's an X then underneath the numbers 89361 with the number 7 under those.
Sleeve Wood Material property Bumper Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
13,671 Posts
That's what I thought but it doesn't have the K next to the numbers.

It has numbers on the part that swings out with the cylinder. There's an X then underneath the numbers 89361 with the number 7 under those. View attachment 266440
The official s/n - as in the one that counts - will be located on the bottom surface of the grip frame - you'll have to remove the grips to see it. I notice that your M18 is equipped with target (wide) hammer and trigger; these options add a bit to value, as do the factory oversize target grips - a stock M18 would have the standard trigger, hammer and grips - as with the M10 or M15 .38spl service revolvers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The official s/n - as in the one that counts - will be located on the bottom surface of the grip frame - you'll have to remove the grips to see it. I notice that your M18 is equipped with target (wide) hammer and trigger; these options add a bit to value, as do the factory oversize target grips - a stock M18 would have the standard trigger, hammer and grips - as with the M10 .38spl service revolver.
I found it under the grips. It's a K frame. K 293886
Brown Grey Bag Beige Tints and shades

I found it under the grips. It's a K frame. K 293886
Brown Grey Bag Beige Tints and shades
It also has adjustable sites

·
Premium Member
13,671 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The official s/n - as in the one that counts - will be located on the bottom surface of the grip frame - you'll have to remove the grips to see it. I notice that your M18 is equipped with target (wide) hammer and trigger; these options add a bit to value, as do the factory oversize target grips - a stock M18 would have the standard trigger, hammer and grips - as with the M10 or M15 .38spl service revolvers.
Thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts