Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Hembrug 1917 carbine

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Tom Mitchell, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tom Mitchell

Tom Mitchell New Member

What is the approximate value of my gun? It is a 37 1/2 inch long, straight bolt, carbine stamped HEMBRUG 1917, and has a HEMBRUG 1901 cartouche on the stock. I don't know the gage but it measures 6 - 7 mm at the barrel end. Condition is very good.
    Tom

2. Tom Mitchell

Tom Mitchell New Member

It looks like it. If it matches my description of my gun it is probably the same. WHAT"S IT WORTH????

3. Tom Mitchell

Tom Mitchell New Member

Maybe my reply did not get thru. Your gun looks like mine. If it matches my description it probably is the same. What is it worth???

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't know. That's not my gun. I did a websearch, based on the information you gave, to see if that WAS the gun you meant.

But I can make a couple of guesses.

Military rifle from the turn of the last century. In good shape that's probably worth between 100 and 150 dollars. Not anything rare, just a standard military rifle.

But then, if the prospective buyer wishes to shoot his new gun, he finds out it costs about 3 dollars a shot. http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,5647.html http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=650977 That would drastically lower its value, to me, because if I can't afford to shoot it there is no use in having it.

Based on that, I would say 75 to 100 dollars.

5. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

I think Alpo has it straight. M-95 carbines are not particularly valuable or rare. Without seeing a photo of yours & guessing it to be in average condition you should be able to get $100-$150 for for it. As Alpo stated, the ammo for it is not cheap & can be hard to get. The usual way to shoot one is to re-load for it & even that is harder to do nowdays with dies & components difficult to get.

Last edited: May 3, 2009