The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Henry lever action HOO1 22. I’ve had it less than a year.
This problem only happens on the last round. It will not feed the last round and jams. I’ve been able to get the round out with a pair of tweezers
This has happened the last two times I’ve used it, one time using shorts and another time using longs. I’ve only used CCI ammo in it and never had problems before.
With rabbit hunting just starting, I hate to send it in at this time. I can fall back on my 410, but I was looking forward to using it this year.
Any thoughts on what problem might be ?

·
GUNZILLA
5,955 Posts
The actions on those guns have to be worked very hard. Are you trying to be gentle with it? If so do not baby it. It may take a while to smooth out all the parts. Give it a good cleaning oil it, and check the chamber for rough spots with a q-tip. If there is something jagged the cotton will snag, if not just keep working the action.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actions on those guns have to be worked very hard. Are you trying to be gentle with it? If so do not baby it. It may take a while to smooth out all the parts. Give it a good cleaning oil it, and check the chamber for rough spots with a q-tip. If there is something jagged the cotton will snag, if not just keep working the action.
I use the same motion on all the rounds. It's just the last one that is the problem. It won't even try to load into the chamber.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sounds like maybe the mag tube is dirty. Try spraying it out real good with a cleaner, then oiling. It could be the spring just doesn't have enough to push out that last round because of fouling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like maybe the mag tube is dirty. Try spraying it out real good with a cleaner, then oiling. It could be the spring just doesn't have enough to push out that last round because of fouling.
I found that the "Magazine Spring Guide" was not coming all the way out. I played with it a little and got it moving freely. So far it has been cycling ok.

Thanks !

You mentioned using shorts and longs, did you try long rifle?
I shot long rifles in it before the problem started. I'm trying to save my long rifles just for hunting. They are a little hard to find right now, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts