Here it comes.... GB extortion!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 4, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    (7/14/01 9:57:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Here it comes.... GB extortion!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    User .38SuperSig bought a S&W 27-2, auction ended 6/13. Got the money fast, sent the gun fast. Gave and got good feedback!

Today (7/14!!), I get an email from the guy saying he is "disappointed" in the gun's finish and there are scratches all over it. Says he cleaned it with WD40 and a toothbrush, like he has "50 other guns."

Well, he has removed the feedback he has left for me and wants to discuss "options." Get the distinct impression that he wants a partial refund and keep the gun (which he bought at $325, for a really nice M27). I guess I have an "F" coming, then, because a 2-week plus inspection period is WAY out of line.

So, input?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/14/01 10:01:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Here it comes.... GB extortion!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He used WD40 and a toothbrush??? He's had it for 2 weeks - the hell with him.

shooter45 us
    *Senior Chief Moderator*
    (7/14/01 10:21:07 am)
    Doc, I'll bet the gun was clean and shiney when he received it. I'll also bet he's dissapointed in the finish in the other 50 guns he has cleaned this way. lol. It sounds like he needs some cleaning tips.

kdubaz
    (7/14/01 12:10:01 pm)
    If he has had it that long and chose to use that cleaning method, chances are, it has been shot, also. I would politely inform him the price was more than right, he did not respond within a REASONABLE inspection time (2 days upon receipt) and that the method he chose to clean the firearm is not one you use or recommend. Wonder how he pried off the side plate - don't suppose there's some pry marks on it, do you?

If the condition was descriped properly, I wouldn't refund even partial on this deal, AD.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

Rons Toys
    (7/14/01 12:28:45 pm)
    No refund, offer to buy back his USED gun that he messed up for half what he paid for it. 2 weeks is way too long to figure out it wasn't what he expected......
    Ron

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/14/01 12:48:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Here it comes.... GB extortion!
    AD,

Ditto to the above, but also remove the feedback
    that you gave him, and if he gives you a negative
    feedback then I would do the same to him explaining
    briefly what he's trying to pull on you!

Another Cyber Con added to the list folks!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AntiqueDr
    (7/14/01 2:26:29 pm)
    Oh, I removed the feedback. Now he's wanting $75...

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Chief 101
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/14/01 2:45:20 pm)
    To hell with that Doc! If he really didnt like it he should have said something the day he got it.

I bought a rifle from ADr. myself several months ago. It was advertised as a used gun, bid on as a used gun and I received a used gun.(and was happy to have it) So whats this guys problem other than maybe he spent some money he didnt have to spend and now regrets it.

I really have a problem with crooks!!!!!!!!!

Steve

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (7/14/01 6:01:30 pm)
    AD, allow my always late imput. Being that I have purchased firearms from you, I feel compelled to comment, so others who may not have done business with you will understand who they are dealing with. First: Your description of your items. FIRST RATE AND ACCURATE!!!!! Guys(Gals) if he says it`s 96%, it`s probably 98-99% to others. AD uses real percentages, not the vague NRA crap rating. Service and delivery is fast and first rate. "A toothbrush" and WD40, yep....hard bristle caked with carbon and powder residue.....I clean my car with a dirt filled rag too......can`t figure where all those scratches came from. Tell this "nice person" to send you $75.00 for wasting your time. 2 weeks...Huh? Rememder my HK91 buyer......tried the same thing.....Homie don`t play that game...No matter what limit was set for inspection, if any. That occurs at the receiving dealers business, before the item leaves. ie.....if buyer removes the item from the dealer`s place of business.....is shot.....cleaned or broken down for cleaning.....YOU OWN IT!!!!! PERIOD!! When you take possession at the dealer and leave with it. You have agreed, it was as stated and you are satisfied..........is that clear enough? LTS
    "POOFBANNED" Huh?

NeoDebo
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/14/01 6:37:59 pm)
    You cannot please everyone.

The question is: Should you grab your ankles for an extortionist just to avoid a bad feedback rating?

What would I do? I'd tell it like it is, let the chips fall, and if a bad feedback was forthcoming, then I would post an appropriate response.

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/14/01 7:21:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Here it comes.... GB extortion!
    Just so everybody isn't holding their breath out there....I AM A
    PROUD AND HAPPY BUYER!!!!
    AntiqueDr sold me a gun and I bought a gun. It was as stated and I was more than satisfied. The exchange was business and we both passed on A+s to GB.
    Apparently there are those people among us who cannot feel its their responsibility and integrity that makes auctions work and be respectable to persons who voluntarily and freely participate of their own choosing.
    Having said that, of course most procedures involving this many exchanges, etc. brings problems as well benefits.
    Internal operations do not belong in Discussion groups display or any other place but with principals and admin.

NOTE:
    I believe this type of buying and selling requires above board relationships based on honesty and trust. It isn't hard to recognize when the factors become lost in doing their business.

Intermediaries or semi-go betweens and their agreements have to be flawless and beyond reproach. Enforcement and management are dual responsibilities. Close positive and negative communications are a must.

If while you read there are thoughts going though your mind, stop and think which side of a agreement have you been introduced to? You'll know your own answer quickly.
    Therefore, a mechanism for rectificational applications must always be policed and monitored properly and with distinction
    that the rles of business apply evenly among all parties.

Lets hope that in the future we all gain by everyone acting together under sunshine conditions applying to all parties.
    FAIRLY AND PLEASANTLY RECEIVED.

BlackGun
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/15/01 3:36:32 pm)
    I just have to add my .02 worth in here! I'm also am the pruod owner of some of Doc's weaponry. I have even had the opportunity to fondle his new Desert Eagle .50AE, which looks like all of his arms, "NEW". Doc. doesn't own or by junk. If he has something on the auction block on any forum, you can put your money in the bank it is better than he describes. He is a believer in integerty and honesty. I will be glad to own any weapon previously own by my friend, Andrew Petty!
    Doc, if this ya ho doesn't want that 27/2 "E" me. I like scratched up ole guns.
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

teehee1
    (7/17/01 12:48:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del You sold it too cheap
    A tooth brush has the properties to scratch a finish, especially a hi polish one on a 27. I sold my 3.5", 4", and 5" 27 as a set for $1600 so a good used one is worth more than $325.

Xracer
    (7/17/01 6:25:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: You sold it too cheap
    Doc....perhaps you should suggest he brush his teeth with WD-40 and then stick the brush where the sun don't shine!

Different name
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/22/01 11:46:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: You sold it too cheap
    Twice before noon for a period not less than 30 days straight!
    Duration utlization = 30 min AM/30 min/PM= 1 hour on a daily basis...OR 30 total hours at a minimum.
    Charlie D

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/22/01 1:57:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: You sold it too cheap
    Dr: Does this guy have any feedback other than from you? If so maybe you can contact the other sellers and see if he tried
    to pull the same crap with them.

I wonder if he goes to a new car dealership and test drives a new car than tries to tell the salesman that it is a used car now and expects them to drop the price. Or if it was a used car tries to tell the saleman that the car is not as advertised because it has a few extra miles on it.

Give this buyer a big fat F just for the aggravation he has put you thru !!!

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.